1998 Bach Conference
· Michael Johns (Temple University)
"The collegium musicum in Colonial American Moravian settlements"
· Jewel Ann Smith (University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music)
"Playing chorales at the piano: performance at the Young Ladies Seminary and Moravian practice"
· Stewart A. Carter (Wake Forest University)
"The Gütter family: wind instrument makers / dealers to the Moravian Brethren in America"
· Sally Park (Columbia University)
"American musical life 1748-1798"
· Peter Vogt (Boston University School of Theology)
Festive stillness: The sound of Moravian music in the perception of non-Moravian visitors."
· Donald Hoople (Castine, Maine)
"Musical training in Moravian GirlsÕ schools"
· David Schildkret (Salem College School of Music)
"Salem College School of Music: a heritage of music education for women"
· Priscilla Fullerton (Edinboro University of Pennsylvania)
"Piano rarities by nineteenth-century American women"
· Paula Ring Zerkle (Moravian University)
"Amy Beachs Mass in E-flat"
· David King and Janet Morrow-King (Front Range Community College, Larimer Campus)
"Identifying Pauline Viardot through her compositions and George Sands Consuelo"
· Pauline Fox (East Stroudsburg, Pa.)
"Performance, preservation and principle: evidence in books of several sisters"
· Keynote address: Paul Larson (Moravian University and the Bach Choir of Bethlehem)
"The arts in America at the turn of the last century"
· Barbara Owen (Newburyport, Mass.)
"Bach Comes to America"
· Vernon Nelson (Moravian Archives, Bethlehem)
"J. Fred Wolles hymns"
· Philip Metzger (Lehigh University)
"Treasures of J. Fred. Wolle and the Bach Archives"
Return to Paper Topics
Return to Music
Updated: 7 September 2005