2000 Square Piano Conference
· Albert Frank (Moravian Archives, Northern Province)
"Zinzendorf for Dummies"
· C. Daniel Crews (Moravian Archives, Southern Province)
"Zinzendorfs Hymns: Theology in Song"
· C. Daniel Crews & Nola Knouse (Moravian Music Foundation)
"Nothing if Not Consistent: Moravian Ideals, Moravian Music"
· Christina Ekstrom (University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
"What Was Moravian Music and Liturgy Like in Sweden During the 18th Century?"
· Stewart Carter (Wake Forest University)
"Trombone Choirs of the Unitas Fratrum in America: Some New Avenues for Research"
· Peter Vogt (Boston University)
"'LORD GOD! By us be blest': The Moravian Te Abba in the 1759 Litany Book"
· Pauline Fox (East Stroudsburg, PA)
"Two Moravian Manuscript Books Newly Inventoried"
· Diane McMullen (Union College, New York):
"Freylinghausens Geistreiches Gesangbuch of 1704 and its Influence on Gregors Choralbuch of 1784"
· Trudi Vorp Wright (Bowling Green State University)
"Moravian Hymnody: Transmission and Tradition"
· Laurence Libin (Metropolitan Museum of Art)
"Pennsylvania, Cradle of Piano Making"
· Paul Peucker (Herrnhut Archives, Germany)
"The Music Holdings in the Herrnhut Archives"
· Nola Knouse: "Issues in Editing Moravian Music"
· Sally Caitlin Park (Columbia University)
"Making the Accord of Instrument and Style"
· Jewel Smith (Univ. of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music)
"Malthaner Pianos at the Moravian Young Ladies' Seminary in Antebellum Bethlehem"
· Michael Cole (Cheltenham, England)
"Contextualizing the Square Pianos in the Payne Gallery Exhibition"
Return to Paper Topics
Return to Music
Updated: 6 September 2005